To register for the Sleep Medicine (SM) Examination, diplomates must:
- be certified by the ABA.
- hold an unexpired license to practice medicine or osteopathy in at least one state or jurisdiction of the United States or province of Canada that is permanent, unconditional and unrestricted. Further, every United States and Canadian medical license the diplomate holds must be free of restrictions.
- have fulfilled the 12-month, ACGME-accredited sleep medicine fellowship training.
- attest to their current privileges and clinical activity in sleep medicine (practicing SM, on average, at least one day per week during 12 consecutive months over the previous three years.
- be capable of performing independently the entire scope of sleep medicine practice without accommodation or with reasonable accommodation.
- be meeting the Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program (MOCA) requirements.
ABA diplomates can register for the exam via their ABA portal account. Click here for registration dates and fees.