MOCA 2.0® Part 2: Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment
The Part 2 requirement is 250 credits of CME activities that meet the following criteria:
- All credits must be Category 1 CME activities:
- ACCME/AMA PRA-approved
- American Osteopathic Association Category 1-A
- Accredited CPD credits issued by the Royal College of Physicians of Canada and the Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada
- No more than 70 credits per calendar year (completed between 2006 and 2012) will be credited toward the requirement
- No more than 60 credits per calendar year (completed in or after 2013) will be credited toward the requirement
- At least 20 credits of ABA-approved Patient Safety CME
Self-Assessment CMEs are no longer required. If you previously completed Self-Assessment CME, you will receive credit for them in MOCA 2.0®. You will also receive CME credit if you complete Self-Assessment CMEs in the future.
You must submit half of your CMEs (125) by the end of Year 5 of your 10-year MOCA cycle and all 250 CMEs by the end of Year 10.
View all of the requirements that need to be completed by Years 5 and 10 to be considered as "Participating in MOC."
You should submit your CME activities to us in your portal account. Self-reported CME activities are subject to audit and verification within three years of submission. CME activities reported to us by qualified CME providers, such as the ASA, are not subject to audit and are now automatically credited to your account.