You have seven years from the last day of the year in which you graduated to satisfy all certification requirements. If you don’t, you’ll need to reestablish eligibility for our exam system.
Advancing the Highest Standards of the Practice of Anesthesiology®
Anesthesia is safest when a board-certified anesthesiologist is involved.
ABA certification ensures every diplomate meets the highest standards in their practice through rigorous initial and continuing certification programs.
Find my next step
I am a
- First-Year Resident
- Graduated Resident
who has taken the
- In-Training Exams
- BASIC Exam
- ADVANCED Exam
Next exam June 9-10
- For residents at the end of CA-1 year
- Focused on the scientific basis for clinical anesthesiology
Next exam July 21-22
- For residents after completing residency and passing the BASIC Exam
- Focused on clinical aspects of anesthetic practice, subspecialty-based
practice and advanced clinical issues.
Next exam Sept. 11-14
- The APPLIED Exam includes the traditional Standardized Oral Examination (SOE) and the
Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) component.
- Physicians take this exam after passing the ADVANCED Exam.