May 15, 2020
Fellows and APPLIED Exams
During this extraordinary time, the Board is allowing the following fellows to take a 2020 ABA subspecialty exam without first being certified in anesthesiology:
- Fellows who passed Week 1 of the APPLIED Exam, but have not reported satisfactory medical licensure
- Fellows who failed Week 1 of the APPLIED Exam
- Fellows whose Week 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 APPLIED Exam was cancelled
- Fellows scheduled for Week 7.5, 8 or 9 of the APPLIED Exam
Here’s what fellows need to know:
- If you choose to take a subspecialty exam this year, your exam results will remain valid until Dec. 31, 2021.
- If you pass the APPLIED Exam before Dec. 31, 2021, we will report your subspecialty exam results to you when you become certified in anesthesiology.
- If you do not pass the APPLIED Exam before Dec. 31, 2021, your subspecialty exam results will be invalidated. You will then be required to be certified in anesthesiology to be eligible to register to retake the subspecialty exam.
If you have any questions, please contact our Communications Center at (866) 999-7501 or coms@theABA.org.